Monday, August 11, 2014

We Want What We Want When We Want It.....BUT....

As humans, we do tend to want what we want, when we want it. It's true! We sometimes grow impatient. So, we try to get it by ourselves, rather than wait on help, & things turn out bad. That has happened to me more times that i can remember.

Many of us are asking God for help, in many ways. We do our best to wait patiently for His perfect timing. But in the back of our mind, we sometimes think, maybe i should just go for it. Do you realize that when you don't wait for God's answer, you are doubting  Him? Not trusting Him? We really CAN trust that God is working on our behalf & has our best interest in mind.  Is there something that you feel, that if you could have  it in you life right now, your life would be so much Better? (If only____.)

There are times with prayers that God seems to answer "no"....or at the very least "not now". For me, right now, i'm waiting on having my second hip replacement surgery. When i first saw my orthopedist, i had to wait 6 weeks for my surgery. So, when i go back in to have my stitches out, two weeks after surgery, i knew i wanted to get the second one done. Imagined how shocked & yes, frustrated, i was when i found out that i would have to wait ELEVEN weeks this time, for surgery. But God opened my eyes & made me see that by waiting so long, if i keep up my exercises, my right leg (with the old hip) will be stronger to begin with. Which in turn, will make for a quicker & easier recovery.

"Then He touched their eye & said, 'According to your faith will it be done to you.' "
Matthew 9:29 (NIV)

You need to believe that God will answer your prayer. Are you willing to surrender you will for God's will? That means that you give up your own ideas of how things should be. You need to have faith & trust God & His will. Also, ask the Holy Spirit to lead you in how to pray. If you lack faith, then ask God to help your unbelief. In Mark 9:23-24, the father said, "Lord I believe; help my unbelief!" Jesus DID answer this prayer. He just needed to ask.

"Every good & perfect gift is from above coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."
James 1:17 (NIV)

I have seen God's gifts in my life. And i have learned to wait - as patiently as possible - on His perfect timing. I've learned to keep my heart & mind open, for His "no's" & "not yet's". And believe me, life is a whole lot better since i've learned this. I don't worry, because i know that God will take care of it. I'm not stressed , because i know that God will take care of it. And i always ask for HIS will to be done in ALL things. Because i know that HIS way is ALWAYS THE BEST WAY. You can have this too! Ask Jesus to help you with this. As in the preceding paragraph, you just need to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment