Monday, May 23, 2011

Kisses From The King

As i began writing today, i was reminded of a romance novel - or at least the cover. I could see the strong Hero holding his love protectively in his arms, kissing her on the mouth. Jesus is my hero. He suffered through so much & died for all of us. Now, if that's not a hero, i don't know what is. And He does send His protections constantly. He may not kiss us on the mouth, but metaphorically, He does kiss us: through His prophecies, His provisions, & His presence. How? You might ask....through His word.

Have you ever had the experience of a Bible verse jumping off the page at you & knowing that it was a word from God, just for you at just the right time? If so, you've been kissed, but the King of Kings. To prove this, i just said a little prayer to let me find a Bible verse randomly. I asked to please let me be kissed by Jesus with this verse.

"Charm is deceptive, & beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

Reading this verse right now, reminded me how much i used to do to myself to be more attractive. I think i lost 5 pounds every night when i took off my makeup. lol.  I laugh as i think of some of the clothes i used to wear. I didn't know what it was like to put on a pair of jeans & zip them up the first time by not laying on the bed. It didn't matter if i could breathe in them or not, i looked good. It was during these times that i was "looking for love in all the wrong places", rather than to Jesus. Thinking about these times, all i can do is shake my head at myself. Now, i'm not saying that i don't wear makeup anymore - just not near as much & not near as often. But through my relationship with Jesus, i've learned to be happy with who i am...and first, above all else, i am a Christian.

Another way to be kissed by the King is through His provisions. The Bible teaches us that God will provide for our needs. In this economy, i've certainly seen that! And Jesus provides for us, not only materially, but spiritually also. It always amazes me how the Spirit works. He puts us in the right place, at the right time to see His work. You know what i mean, those "Amen! Hallelujah! Thank You Jesus!" kind of moments. Each one of those moments is a kiss from the King. 

The third way that Jesus kisses us is with His presence. I know when i was single & truly began my walk with Him, as a single woman, i didn't feel alone anymore. When we are first in love, what is most important is being close to your love. And even though we still go through each day, facing whatever comes our way, we experience such happiness when we think of the One we love. We have peace. We have contentment.We feel Jesus' love. Living with Jesus by your side needs to be as necessary & consistent as breathing. We need to be aware of His presence in everything...what you think about, the music you listen too, the friends you keep company with, etc. Whatever you allow to get to you  will affect you love relationship with Jesus. As i child, in Sunday School, we sang, "I have the joy, joy, joy, joy, down in my heart." I am so thankful that i finally understand the last verse. "I have the peace that passes understanding down in my heart; down in my heart to stay!"  

"I know what it is to be in need, & I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any & every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."
Philippians 4:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment