Monday, June 25, 2012

When Life Gets In The Way...

First off, i apologize for being absent the last two weeks. I have no excuses, except that life got in the way. My plate is extremely full right now, plus i have a few side dishes that are overflowing also. But it's time - passed time - to "practice what i preach".

"Watch & pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body (flesh) is weak."
Matthew 26:41 (NIV)

I'm sure many of us can relate to this verse in one way or another. And today is a perfect example. As i write this, it has been literally 2 1/2 hours since i wrote the first paragraph. First off, our birthday boy woke up. Our youngest is 16 today!!! So i HAD to stop & sing "Happy Birthday" to him & make a fuss. Secondly, a wonderful lady from church called with some awesome news about the church having a float in the 4th of July Parade. (Yes, that's one of the things on my plate.) Yeah! Good news!!! Thirdly, as i'm talking to the lady from church, i hear my oven beep to let me know that it's preheated for the birthday treats. Now, our oven is temperamental. It takes "forever" to heat up & has a tendency to get too hot sometimes. So i knew i had to get the goodies made & in there ASAP.

In the midst of this 2 1/2 hours of life, the dog needed to go outside & of course, wanted to come back inside before i wanted her to. Plus, i had laundry to fold, to put in the dryer & of course, start a new load in the washer.

Now to be totally honest, i could very easily said, "forget it!". But no!!! I will not let my flesh be weak today. I have asked & am trusting God to not let life distract me from doing His work. To keep me & my mind organized & for Him to prioritize for me. AND to give me His energy for what He wants me to accomplish, according to His will.

How about you? Does life get in the way sometimes? Most of us have the "want to", but lack the energy, motivation, &/or time to get things done.

"Those who know Your name will trust You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You"
Psalm 9:10 (NIV)

Trust God & seek Him. Those are the best words of advice that anyone can heed. So not mater what you're facing &/or being distracted by in life, remember this:

TRUST IN GOD & SEEK HIM & HE WILL NEVER FORSAKE YOU.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment