Monday, November 22, 2010

Making Every Day Thanksgiving

From a retail observation, Thanksgiving seems to shrink more & more each year. Compare the display space that is given to Halloween & Christmas merchandise, to the space given to Thanksgiving merchandise. If we're lucky we'll find a few cards, some fall decorations, & probably a few displays of turkey roasters & platters. I am guilty of this in my own Etsy shop. I have only 2 items listed for fall/Thanksgiving. But i've had my eyes opened yesterday & will try to do better next year. But, it seems like we have forgotten why we celebrate Thanksgiving...
thankfulness for survival.

In 1621, when the historical feast between the Pilgrims & Indians took place, the Pilgrims had been in America less than a year. During this time, they lost over half their population due to disease or starvation. But the Pilgrims hosted this feast with their new friends to give thanks to God for His provisions in difficult circumstances.


"Your Heavenly Father already knows all your needs & He will give you all your needs from day to day if you live for Him & make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."
Matthew 6:32-34 (NLT)

Now that's something to be thankful for. And i can tell you that over the last couple of years, God has provided for my household's needs. He's kept a roof over our heads & food on our table & the electricity to cook that food.


So, Thanksgiving morning, before all the chaos begins, even if you have to set your alarm clock a little earlier, stop & give thanks to God for all He has given you, including the privilege to come to Him in prayer. God loves to hear from us & He loves when we say thank you & give Him all the praise & all the glory. In fact, why don't you make every morning a Thanksgiving morning.

"I will thank You, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things You have done. I will be filled with joy because of You. I will sing praises to Your name, O Most High"
Psalm 9:1-2 (NLT)

I am thankful for my Lord & Saviour & for the price He paid for my life. I'm thankful for my family, friends, & cyber friends that He has given me. May you all have a very Happy Thanksgiving.  <><

No comments:

Post a Comment