Monday, February 21, 2011

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

A few years ago, i was with my best friend when she needed to stop at a Christian book store to pick up some Sunday School supplies. As she took care of her business, i was having a great time browsing. I had picked p a few things as i browsed, but i kept coming back to this one book. So, finally, i listened to God & picked the book, "Falling in Love with Jesus" by Dee Brestin & Kathy Troccoli. Now, i was single at the time & even though i was "raised" in the church, i was in the process of learning what a personal relationship with Jesus really was.

Since i read this book, i've also had the urge to study it with others, but the opportunity has never presented itself.....until now. As i search my heart for what God wants me to write in my blog each week, today, He reminded me of the book. Now, it's been 10 or 11 years since i first read this book, plus i've moved 3 times since then & still can't find all my stuff from the last move. But, today, "Falling In Love with Jesus" was an arm's length from where i sitting. Coincidence? I think not! Especially since i usually work on my blog from the couch & today am at my desk, because our 14 year old is asleep on the couch.

This week is an introduction to this wonderful book & the first in a series. I don't know how many will be in this series. I'm just writing & letting Jesus take the wheel. First, i want to make sure you know that this book is NOT just for singles. In fact, it was written by a single woman & a woman who's been married over 35 years.


So, where does it all start? " A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes". Yearning. I was yearning to build my relationship with Jesus & God led me to this amazing tool, to study, to understand.


"No matter our marital status, there is a part in each of us that God created to be a Bride. Scripture is clear that true believers will on day become the Bride of Christ."


"If women would yearn for closeness with Jesus the way they yearn for closeness with an earthly mate, their lives would be absolutely transformed." (Mine sure was!)


"As a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
so will God rejoice over you."
Isaiah 62:5b


I hope you'll join me during the future weeks as i revisit my journey through this book. I pray that it will be a blessing to you as it was to me. And i especially would love any discussion or comments. I'm looking forward to you joining me as we "Fall in Love with Jesus" all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment