Monday, February 6, 2012

Are You Guilty?

One of the most amazing things in life is when God shows Himself to you. I have "seen" God with the eyes of my soul. I have felt His presence. The other day, i had a profound experience like this.


My daily devotion that day was about a lady, who had negative feelings for a co-worker, & on the way to work, was hoping the co-worker would get fired. This lady had a personal relationship with God & heard Him say, "Do you know that i love her as much as I love you?"


As i finished reading this devotion & was about to move on with my day, God captured my attention with that question. "Do you know that I love her as much as I love you?" I had been guilty - so guilty - of NOT thinking like this. But there was one specific situation a few years ago that made me ask how anyone who professes to be a christian, could be so cruel. My husband & i had endured some cruelness that was very disheartening. And even though the hurt & anger that i had felt at that time had long subsided, i knew that i still hadn't forgiven the people involved. I asked God to give me the strength to truly forgive them & i started tearing up. I wondered, was the hurt still in my heart the reason that i was starting to cry. 




"With the tongue we praise our Lord & Father, & with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise & cursing. My brothers, this should not be."
James 3:9-10 (NIV)


I realized that i had been just as cruel in this situation. I had vented & talked about those involved in the situation, behind their backs. When God shows you that side of yourself, it hurts too. But during my prayer & cleansing tears, God also told me that the forgiveness & healing can now begin. 


I certainly didn't expect any of that on that morning. But i am very thankful that my eyes were opened & that God convicted me. I'm also thankful that He is the most lenient & compassionate judge - EVER! Most importantly, i am thankful that i know Him & are learning my lessons from Him.


On a side note: As i put my things away that morning, the dog needed to go outside. So i turned to go into the kitchen to get the leash & smacked my knuckles on the door frame. OUCH!!! As i reached for the leash, i had to laugh out loud. God not only convicted me & opened my eyes to what i had done, but did He have to smack my knuckles too?!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment