Monday, March 24, 2014

God's Extreme Makeover - I Can Only Imagine

First i must apologize to you - my readers & friends - for not posting last Monday. Between the pain & sleep deprivation, i just could not focus on anything. But i'm sleeping better now, only it's in the recliner instead of the bed. But at least i'm sleeping.

Yesterday at church, we closed the service with one of my favorite songs, "When We All Get To Heaven" I'm sure that the majority of you know, at least, the chorus....

"When we all get to Heaven,
What a day of rejoicing that will be!
When we all see Jesus,
We'll sing & shout the victory."

When i sing this song, i can't help but imagine being reunited with many loved one who have passed. Plus, meeting my little brother, who had a life span of only a few hours. Maybe this reunion with those i miss is in the forefront of my self conscience, because last Friday was the anniversary of my dad's farm accident, that took his life, 33 years ago. I was an only child & definitely a Daddy's girl. I still miss him every single day.  But enough about that.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:4 (NIV)

This "old order" is characterized by the debilitating effects of sin, suffering, sorrow, death, mourning, & pain. All of these things will be gone forever! Hallelujah! God will wipe away ALL tears & death will be NO MORE! Now THAT'S a victory!!!

Do you picture yourself in Heaven like this? I do. "When We All Get To Heaven" was written in 1898. I don't think that it's a coincidence that just a little over 100 years later, a song for this age was recorded. In 1999, the group Mercy Me recorded "I Can Only Imagine". Again, i'm sure that most of you at least know the chorus.

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my hear feel,
Will I dance with You, Jesus, or in awe of You be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall,
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all.
I can only imagine."

We CAN ONLY imagine. But i want to share with you a "God Moment" that i had with this beautiful song. Last fall, was when my arthritis really began to get painful. The pain was not 24/7 like it is now, but really was becoming an issue. On the way to church on a beautiful fall Sunday morning, i realized that i had not put the CD of music for the service in my purse. (OHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!) Well, church is about 7 miles away from home in a neighboring town. So hubby got out of the truck at church & i high-tailed it back home. The radio was on our local Christian station & i was singing along, hurrying back home. And....you guessed it..."I Can Only Imagine" cam on the air. I was singing as loud as i could, because i LOVE that song! And i felt the Spirit with me. I KNEW that i would make it home & back to church in time & without incident. Singing the chorus, filled with the Spirit, i KNEW that Jesus was listening. And after the chorus, i also knew that "to my knees will I fall". I have had issues with my knees since High School & i'm not telling you how many years ago that was. I can't remember the last time that i was actually able to get on my knees & pray. But i KNOW that "When We All Get To Heaven"..."on my knees will i fall". What an awesome EXTREME MAKEOVER!


What extreme makeover are you looking forward to the most? As we wait for that time, & live the lives that God has blessed us with, we CAN look forward to that day, that we meet Jesus face to face. Or as the last verse of "When We All Get To Heaven" says....

"Onward to the prize before us!
Soon His beauty will behold;
Soon the pearly gates will open;
We shall tread the streets of gold."

See you there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment