Monday, August 23, 2010

Still Learning......

I have spent a lot of time researching & trying different ideas to improve my ifrogcraft business. But the biggest lesson that i have learned so far, is DON'T SPREAD YOURSELF TOO THIN!


I have had my Etsy shop up since April 2008. One thing that i had known, is that you have to get your product out there. That's "Selling 101". In my research, i came across many other sellers who listed on several sites besides Etsy.....ArtFire, Zibbet, Ebay, Facebook etc. And that's awesome if it works for you. I think for products that are replenishable, such as candles, lotions, food products, makeup, etc. But for me, listing & keeping track on 3 different selling venues, has become, not only tedious, but totally unprofitable, & just a royal pain in the tush.=)  So, that's why i have decided to focus totally on Etsy. The time it took me to try to keep things organized on 3 venues, i could have spent creating in the studio & that's the BEST part of my job.


I also found a post from Entrepreneur Chic today that i think can help all of us to stay a bit more organized.
 
I do hope you will read the entire post. She shares excellent advice in "Top 10 Ways to Boost Your Work-at-Home Productivity".  


I have recently discovered her blog & felt that this blog hit home to me in what i'm trying to achieve. I'm still digging into her different posts, but already, i feel renewed inspiration.  (And have my "to do lists" ready for the week. =)


On my Etsy shop, i am also having a Blow Out Clearance Sale on some discontinued items.


Feel free to stop by & do a little shopping. =) Until next week remember, God loves you & so do i. <><


 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this post. I struggle at staying on task at times. I have printed this out and will post in my work area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked this post & hope it will help you. I still struggle, but my hubby has been unemployed until this past week. I've already found that i'm getting more things done since he's not home. LOL <><

    ReplyDelete