Monday, September 13, 2010

It's Pumpkin Time!

It's Pumpkin Festival time in Morton, IL. This is a fun festival with the festivities starting on Wednesday. So much to do, so little time. But as i think about pumpkins, it reminded me of how Christians are like pumpkins. I received this verse in an email quite awhile ago, but i still love it.....


 

God picks you from the patch, brings you in, & washes all the dirt off of you, 
some of which may have gotten from other pumpkins.
Then He cuts off the top & scoops out all  the yucky stuff
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, unforgiveness, etc.
And then He carves you a new smiling face.
He puts His light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.

This is such a simple illustration of what God can do in one's life. I am living proof of that. I could never begin to list all of the yucky stuff that He has scooped out of my life. I'm just so thankful that He did.

So what are you trying to scoop out of your life? Whatever it is, God can do the scooping for you if you just give all that yucky stuff to Him. And i mean give it ALL to him. Or do you know someone who is struggling to scoop?  Maybe they need your prayers. Maybe they just need a reminder that God can turn them into a smiling Jack O Lantern.
 

My life is so much different than it was before i gave that yucky stuff to God. I pray everyday, that His light will shine through me to all i meet & that they will know that it is HIS light.

Are you letting your light shine? Be a jack o lantern for Jesus! 

And for those of you who live in my area, if you want more information on the Morton Pumpkin Festival......www.mortonchamber.org/pumpkin-festival

2 comments:

  1. I have read that about us being like jack-o-lanterns in an e-mail some time ago. Thanks for posting it! And also, thank you so much for featuring my wooden pumpkin, too! :)

    ReplyDelete