Monday, September 6, 2010

Happy Labor Day!

It's a beautiful, breezy Labor Day here today & i am celebrating by sitting & enjoying my back yard. Brought the dog out & she's done her business. Next on her list is checking the perimeter. Our back yard isn't anything special, no fancy landscaping, that is, but it's nice & peaceful back here & it's pretty spacious. It's surrounded by trees & we have our table & chairs on a make shift patio made of square cinder blocks. And you can hear the church bells chime every 15 minutes. They are beautiful too.
I don't have a lot of laptop battery, so i guess i'd better quit gawking at the dog & the trees & get on with it. =) I hope & pray that you all are having a wonderful & safe weekend. It's been pretty special here. Our 14 year old has been with us & i love spending time with him. I just sent a text to the 17 year old to see if he was working today. It's been awhile since he's been here, but he does work a lot during the summer. I miss spending time with him. I know, that's what happens when they grow up. I just became a "Bonus Mom" a few years ago, so i really cherish ANY time i can spend with them. They are both pretty special boys & i thank God every day for them. He filled that void in my life, as i wasn't blessed with children of my own.
Hubby & i were kind of "surrogate" parents this week to a very special young man. He was baptized yesterday & his folks were unable to be there, so we were there for him. It was an awesome service! They had an outdoor Party in the Park with a band, barbecue & activities for the afternoon. The service was absolutely amazing. Over 30 people were baptized. There was even a mother & son, who were baptized at the same time. It was just an awesome Spirit filled morning. The joy on the faces of the participants were priceless.
There have also been some health issues in my family & extended family recently. Which i know has brought a lot of frustration & fear. Many prayers have been said. Many prayers have been answered. Many prayers are still in progress & awesome results are being seen. Prayer is such a powerful "tool", an amazing opportunity, & an awesome responsibility. But it is the easiest thing to do. It doesn't have to be fancy, & if doesn't matter what you talk to God about. It just has to be heartfelt. All you have to do is give God a shout out, so to speak. He's there 24/7/365 (366 during leap year). Any time, any place, any where!
There was a time in my life when i took God for granted. I didn't really ignore Him, i just didn't pay attention to Him either. I knew He was there, but He was on the back burner of my life. I am so thankful, that when i was taking Him for granted that He never took me for granted. When i finally reached out to Him, i found Him reaching for me. I'm so glad that i took His hand & am allowing Him to be the Pilot of my life.
I guess my message this week is pretty simple. God is awesome! If you know this, i am very thankful. If you're not sure, just ask Him to open your mind & your heart & start talking to Him and listening. He will be with you through everything. Just remember His timing is perfect.<><

No comments:

Post a Comment