Monday, April 11, 2011

The Best Relationship....Ever!

What is the very best love in life? It's a deep love relationship with Jesus. He gave us the ultimate gift when he gave His life for forgiveness of our sins. What can stand in the way of this love? Guilt. Guilt of the past. Guilt can be like an infected wound that we don't want lanced. Instead of running to God, asking for healing - whatever it might take - we keep changing the bandages. We hide & keep on hiding. But, as with Adam & Eve, we can't hide anything from God. He sees all & wants us to come forward  with the things we have hidden.

As humans, we struggle with our love-ability at times. "How can God love me after what i have done? How can He forgive me? I'm so ashamed." 


" 'Woe to me!...I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips & my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.'
Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
With it he touched my mouth & said, 'See this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away & your sin is atoned for."
Isaiah 6:5-7 (NIV)

I remember when i gave my heart to Jesus & when i realized how He suffered & died on the cross for me. Little ol' sinful me. I felt that i had more sins & flaws than  could ever be forgiven. So i prayed every for forgiveness of those same sins. My life was changing. My outlook was changing. I was becoming more & more God strong every day. But i still felt guilty. Then one day, God sent one of my friends to my house. As we were talking about my change, etc., she asked me if i had forgiven myself. I was hiding that part. But God knew it was there & He taught me to forgive & accept myself as He had. 

Jesus sees us through His eyes. He sees us free of our sins in Him. He sees our potential. Remember Cinderella? She also had trouble believing in her beauty. She fled the ball at midnight when the spell of her beautiful attire had been broken. But her prince came looking for her & when he found her, she wasn't dressed in a beautiful gown. Instead, she was in her old dress & dirty from the cinders. The prince saw her inward beauty & fell in love. Jesus loves each & every one of us....flaws & all.

Through our Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ, who died for our sins, we can all be forgiven.

" 'Come now, let us reason together,' says the Lord,
Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow."
Isaiah 1:18 (NIV)

Nothing - absolutely nothing - is worth sacrificing the peace of God & a deep love relationship with Jesus. 





No comments:

Post a Comment